National Qualifications Framework (NQF)
National Certificate in Animal Production with a Specialisation in Animal Health
QUALIFICATION NO: 48979 | NQF 4 | 142 CREDITS
The National Certificate in Animal Production with a Specialisation in Animal Health will equip students with focused knowledge and skills in primary animal health practices. Additional course content, designed by key industry role players, is included to ensure students are exposed to the latest in industry developments.
Upon successful completion of the National Certificate: Animal Production with a Specialisation in Animal Health, students can enrol for a National Diploma in Animal Production NQF 5.
- Grade 10, with basic literacy in English on Level 3 (40%)
- Communication at NQF Level 2
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2
- Agricultural activities at NQF 3
The blended training model allows students to complete theoretical modules online and practical sessions on a local farm – reducing time spent away from work.
Students can also attend relevant additional MSD workshops and skills courses that will contribute credits towards their qualification.
POSSIBLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Junior farmer
- Farm supervisor
- Enrol for further Diploma studies
THE COST INCLUDES:
- Access to i3A Online Campus
- Practical Training support
- All Assessments
THE COST EXCLUDES:
- Accommodation/meals during practical sessions
- Transport to the training venue